Picture Our Values
- To get to know one another.
- To learn about each other’s values.
- This activity can be done face-to-face or virtually.
- Ask participants to choose their three top values. They can be provided with a list of values. such as the list found at http://www.stevepavlina.com/articles/list-of-values.htm
- Give participants the task to locate objects in their environment that symbolize these values and take a photo using their mobile devices.
- Ask students to email their photos to a Flickr account set up for this purpose. Students do not need to have an account on Flickr to do so. The steps to set this up are as follows:
- Set up an account on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/
- Photos can be emailed directly to this Flickr account. “You can upload photos to Flickr from your camera using your unique email upload address. When you upload photos via email, the subject line is used as the title of your photo, and the body of the email is used as the description” (http://www.flickr.com/help/mobile/)
- Provide students with the email address to send their photos to Flickr along with the instructions to put the name of their value in the subject line and why they selected that value in the description.
- Since all the group’s images will be sent to this single Flickr account, members can view each other’s images via an account link provided to them, if a virtual classroom, or through the website projected on a screen if in a face-to-face setting.