I Am Poems
The "I Am Poem" is a template-based poem that requires students to represent themselves in the form of poetry as well as in visual form.
- To write a poem that represents oneself.
- To symbolize part of a poem using self-identifying visuals.
- To get to know one another through the poem and accompanying visual.
- Provide students with an "I Am" template, either electronically- https://freeology.com/worksheet-creator/poetry/i-am-poem/ or through the template below to write their own poems.
Group Google Presentation
- Once the poems are written, provide participants with a link to a shared Google Doc Presentation, that you established.
- Ask them to use one of the presentation slides to compose their poem and include a photo from their Facebook accounts or one taken with their mobile that symbolizes the essence of their identify.
- After all participants complete this task, the presentation, one poem at a time, is projected via an interactive board. Participants, one at a time, read their poems to their classmates.